This course can be taken right after the PADI Open Water Water Course. It is called PADI Advanced Open Water Diver because it advances your diving knowledge and skills.
Sign up now!
That is what the PADI Advanced Diver course is all about. The course is designed to advance your diving. The course helps build confidence and expand your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives. You try out different specialties while gaining experience under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
- Two days of two-tank boat diving
- One shore dive
- Academic Materials - PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Manual
- Rental Gear
- Weight Integrated BCD
- Dive Computer
- Air Cylinders
- Exposure Protection
During your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course you will:
Complete the Thinking Like a Diver sections where you will learn about four central techniques of diving:
- Primary and secondary dive objectives
- Increasiing your situational awareness
- How to handle task loading
- Better habits to be a good diver
You will then complete five ADVENTURE DIVES. Two of theses dives are required:
- Underwater navigation
- Deep Adventure
You will then get to choose three more adventure dives of your choice such as Night Diver, Wreck Diver, Search and Recovery or even Sidemount Diver.
As you read the chapters specific to the Adventure Dives you choose you will also learn about:
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving.
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive PlannerTM (eRDPTM)
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
To take this course, you must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
- Complete a PADI Medical Statement. Please note that any "YES" answer to a question requires Physician approval orior to any in-water activities. Please download the form and review it HERE.